Capability Squads add value to your students’ U2B Booster programs.
Participation ensures that your staff:
- understand the skills and strategies their students are learning via our U2B Booster programs;
- plan how they can support the transfer of these skills and strategies to general classroom learning;
- access digital learning resources created or located by our team that can be used with any student;
- collaborate with our specialist teachers and other participating educators across the state.
Capability Squad registration and membership is free as follows:
- Reading Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Mind Reader or Comprehend IT.
- Writing Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Just Write.
- Numeracy Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Solve IT, See IT or Measure IT.
Squad members can include class teachers of participating students and other relevant staff such as a HOC, Coach, Master Teacher, STLaN, Librarian, Teacher-Aide, Principal, etc.NB:
Squad members will receive a PD certificate aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL) recognising the number of hours involved.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Log in to 5 x 30 minute web conference sessions on a fortnightly basis.
- Communicate and collaborate with your IMPACT Centre Squad Leader and other squad members as required.
- Access squad resources and web conference recordings on-demand via elearn.eq.edu.au.
Primary Capability Squads 2018>>>
Secondary Capability Squads 2018>>>
Reading Squad - Capability squads are a great way to improve our teachers' knowledge of how to teach reading. It gives us a deeper understanding of the content of the student's program.
Writing Squad - The Capability Squads online has been a flexible way of delivering PD in our school. Teachers have been able to do it in the comfort of their own classroom or office. It has been good for teachers to use the Learning Place and not only learn about the content of the course but feel more confident with online learning.
Numeracy Squad - There is a lot of opportunity to discuss different ways that teachers are teaching a particular subject. As a maths faculty, we took new resources and new ideas away from capability squad and think it has been quite useful.