IMPACT Centre wins Peter Doherty STEM Education Partnership Award
Schools and organizations partner with the IMPACT Centre to increase their impact in high priority areas .
Our team become part of your team. Leveraging the power of online technology, your school or organization can directly access our inspiring specialist teachers, premium professional networks and evidence-based practices.
We work directly with your students, staff and community to:
- improve engagement, capability and performance;
- develop thinking and technology skills that transfer to classroom teaching, learning and assessments;
- connect you to our vast network of school, university and industry partners.
- Approximately 6,800 students from 225 schools across Queensland, Australia have participated in an IMPACT Centre program in 2018.
- 65,000 students have participated since 2011.
Measurable improvement in student results and attitudes has been verified. IMPACT programs and student results (PDF, 80KB).
- Development of premium professional networks with a growing membership of approximately 300 members from 80 schools across Queensland, Australia.
- Development of metropolitan and regional online teaching hubs across Queensland.
- Development of the
IMPACT framework - assessed by Griffith University as a dynamic, valid and transferable instrument that contributes to effective online teaching and learning internationally.
- University of Queensland’s largest community partner – through online and on-campus experiences for students and educators.
- International recognition in:
- United States of America – critical thinking collaborations with UCLA, Pepperdine University and University of Queensland.
- India – online learning collaborations with the Australia-India Education Council, UNESCO, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace (MGIEP) and Australian High Commission – New Delhi.
- Winner of the Peter Doherty STEM Education Partnership Award, August 2018.
Pink = participating school or campus
Purple = more than one participating school in town (e.g. Cairns, Townsville, Mackay)
Note: Approximately 100 participating schools in South-East Qld are not shown on this map.