Create a lasting IMPACT
The IMPACT Centre is a centre of excellence for online learning, innovation and partnerships.
Our mission is to:
- scale up excellence—by empowering students, teachers, leaders and industry experts to work collaboratively and maximise their impact across Queensland and the world
- improve equity—by offering high-quality learning programs, professional networks and pathways to your school community, regardless of your location
- develop future-ready students, educators and schools.
Partner with us and create a lasting IMPACT!
Our team consists of specialist teachers and professional learning leaders who are experts in:
- online teaching and learning
- future-ready capabilities
- transformative education models.
We collaborate with university and industry experts to co-design and deliver:
We lead large-scale innovations that measurably improve student, educator and school outcomes.
- Over 80,000 students and 10,000 educators have participated in an IMPACT Centre program or professional network since 2012.
- We played a major role in upskilling thousands of teachers and school leaders in remote online delivery during COVID-19 lockdowns.
- We create and support innovative education models such as IMPACT Hubs, Hybrid Entrepreneurs and Milpera Live.
A major achievement is our development of the transformative
IMPACT Pedagogical Model. According to Griffith University researchers, 'IMPACT synthesises ‘how’—by outlining 6 significant pedagogical elements that form a succinct, dynamic and holistic common language to help educators establish and drive a roadmap for teaching and learning across traditional and emerging delivery modes and platforms'.
Your school can partner with the IMPACT Centre and connect to our vast network of school, university and industry partners.
- More than 200 schools across Queensland are partnering with the IMPACT Centre in 2022.
- Schools worldwide are calling on our expertise in high priority areas such as critical thinking, STEM and digital modes of delivery.
View our global community
We provide a platform for our partners to scale up their success. Your school can access successful initiatives and the people behind them, and adapt it for your school context.
We are the University of Queensland's largest community partner through online and on-campus experiences for students and educators.
We have established local industry and research partnerships with the University of Queensland Critical Thinking Project, UQ Ventures, Griffith University School of Education and Professional Studies, Sentis Education and the InQueensland news service.
We have developed international partnerships with UCLA, Simon Fraser University (Vancouver), the Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, and other interested parties in Singapore, Belgium and Germany.
Our evidence base
The IMPACT Centre measurably improves student outcomes and builds teacher and school leader capability.
Our critical thinking, literacy and numeracy programs have increased relative gains and resulted in more students reaching the Upper 2 Bands in
NAPLAN since 2012.
NAPLAN is the standardised national assessment program for literacy and numeracy in Australia. We collaborate with the Queensland Department of Education's Strategy and Performance Team to assess the impact of our programs on NAPLAN results.
Action research projects within schools have demonstrated increased student engagement and achievement, and improved teacher and leader capability.
We receive regular anecdotal reports from schools about improved A–E achievement, student attendance and teacher capability. Qualitative data also demonstrates improved student confidence, teacher job satisfaction and transfer of the skills developed to general life.
Our business model
The IMPACT Centre is a unit of the Queensland Government's Department of Education. We operate on a fee-for-service, cost-recovery model.