The IMPACT Centre features a team of inspiring specialist teachers, professional network leaders and university and industry partners. We work with international schools and organisations to increase impact on performance and wellbeing.
Our team can work with you to:
- share the proven, successful practices we use to increase student achievement outcomes
- develop pedagogical expertise and precision via the dynamic and research-based
IMPACT Learning Framework
- improve ‘teaching for thinking’ skills by shifting the focus from knowledge to inquiry and providing a language of feedback on thinking
- build capability in designing improved STEM programs for students across integrated projects or within discipline-specific subjects
- develop a more discerning approach to the selection and use of technology across all subjects and age groups (digital pedagogy)
- improve individual and collective leadership capability
- increase self-awareness, build resilience and create a common language and purpose around psychological wellbeing.
Our programs are contracted through
Education Queensland International on behalf of the Queensland Government’s Department of Education. They are delivered by key members of the IMPACT Centre team and our university/industry partners.
Evidence has consistently suggested that participation in the IMPACT Centre’s reading, writing, numeracy and critical thinking programs is associated with increases in student achievement in NAPLAN (the annual, national assessment for all students in Years 3, 5, 7 and 9).
Our programs and the IMPACT Learning Framework have received recognition from some of Queensland’s leading organisations.
In 2017, the School of Education and Professional Studies at Griffith University
published a report about the IMPACT Learning Framework. The report found that the framework utilises a more integrated approach to research and practice around teaching and learning. This has resulted in it having a focus beyond content and knowledge to include the metacognitive and individual needs and beliefs of students.
In 2018, we were awarded the prestigious
Peter Doherty STEM Education Partnership Award. The award recognises our success in increasing STEM participation, lifting STEM achievement and building the capability of STEM educators through professional learning experiences.
UCLA Workshop – February 2019
We regularly host and conduct workshops with international educators during their professional visits to Queensland, Australia. We also deliver overseas workshops, such as thinking workshops at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver for school and university educators from Southern California, USA and British Columbia, Canada.
We also present at international conferences, including the UNESCO MGIEP Transforming Education Conference for Humanity conference in Visakhapatnam, India, in 2017.
We continue to develop our programs and are currently working on:
- workshops for leaders and teachers throughout Asia and the Pacific
- online networking events for leaders and teachers
- online programs for students in critical thinking and STEM – delivered by our specialist teachers
- international student and educator tours and camps to Queensland, Australia.
Contact us if you would like further information or would like to work with the IMPACT Centre.