Lead STEM specialisation
Aspiring STEM Specialists provides the expert guidance, collaborative network and professional learning pathway required to lead science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) specialisation at your school.
Develop STEM expertise
- Develop pedagogical expertise and precision using the research-based
IMPACT Learning Framework.
- Design inspiring STEM learning experiences for your students within discipline-specific subjects or across integrated STEM projects.
- Effectively implement Australian Curriculum subject content and general capabilities relating to STEM disciplines.
- Network membership begins via a foundational two-day workshop.
- Connect with like-minded network members and plan for implementation.
- Further develop your expertise through intentional collaboration with network members.
- Participate in the online community and masterclass/workshop activities.
Term 2, Week 5
Brisbane – University of Queensland, St Lucia
Term 2, Week 6|
Rockhampton – see registration link for venue details
Term 3, Week 4|
Brisbane – see registration link for venue details
Registrations close approximately two weeks prior to the workshop (or earlier if sold out). Additional dates to be advised.
- Membership costs $950 per person and is valid for 12 months following the foundational two-day workshop.
- Members opt-in to an extensive range of online and face-to-face activities.
- Activities include an online induction, one full-day masterclass per term, online professional learning teams and expert or member-presented online workshops.
- Members actively share practice and resources.
Develop a productive STEM partnership
Schools partner with the IMPACT Centre to benefit from:
- Our long-term commitment to increasing student participation and lifting student achievement in STEM.
- Our enhancement of teacher capability through professional development and experiences that allow teachers to engage with contemporary STEM procedures, pedagogies and experiences beyond the classroom environment.
Aspiring STEM Specialists builds capability in line with the
Department of Education’s School Improvement Model. Mentoring services will follow the initial two-day workshop to ensure that participants
engage in inquiry and apply the
Standards of Evidence. Ongoing collaboration will ensure that teachers translate what they have learned into effective classroom practices.
Meet 21st century needs
Success in a changing world requires students to have the skills to participate in a knowledge-based economy. That's why we are focusing on engaging young Queenslanders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with
schools of the future.
Medium – large schools must involve a minimum of two leaders and/or teachers who have the mindset to lead change, the interpersonal skills to engage your staff and the dedication to actively participate in the network
Small schools can select one or more staff members from their school or cluster with the attributes described above
- The following information applies to Queensland schools only – contact us if you are not from a Queensland school.
- Your initial membership fee is $950 per person.
- It is valid for 12 months following the foundational two-day workshop.
- This is exceptional value given the regular online and face-to-face activities on offer across the year.
- Your school will be invoiced by the IMPACT Centre after the foundational two-day workshop.
- You may need to fund TRS to attend the workshop and future masterclasses, although online alternative is offered where possible.
- You may also need to fund travel and accommodation expenses depending on your location.