Lead STEM specialisation and innovation
Aspiring STEM Specialists provides the expert guidance, collaborative network and professional learning pathway required to lead STEM curriculum, capability and specialisation in your school or across your cluster.
Membership upskills teachers and leaders in how to:
- effectively implement Australian Curriculum subject content and general capabilities relating to the STEM disciplines
- implement contemporary pedagogy that inspires student engagement, innovation and inquiry
- create and implement a professional learning program that develops STEM capability within your school
- measure changes in student outcomes and staff capability according to the Department of Education (DoE) guidelines including attitudes, behaviour and achievement in school assessments.
- Band 9-11 schools must involve a minimum of two aspiring teachers/leaders who have the mindset to lead change, the interpersonal skills to engage your staff and the dedication to actively participate in our professional learning network.
- Band 5-8 schools can select one or more staff members with the attributes described above.
- New cohorts join in March, May and July 2018 – view the
Aspiring STEM Specialists brochure for latest details.
- Online and face-to-face program of workshops, master classes and collaboration developed each term for new and existing members.
- End-of-year event in Brisbane – streamed live to members across Qld who cannot travel/attend.
- Option to continue or expand the collaboration in 2019.
- The 2018 membership fee, including two-day workshop, online collaboration, master classes and support network is $950 per person.
- Your school may need to fund TRS to attend the two-day foundational workshop and optional master classes.
- Depending on location, your school may need to fund travel and accommodation for the two-day foundational workshop and optional master classes.
- We can travel to deliver the foundational two-day workshop in regional centre's. Please contact us to discuss.