Capability Squads add value to your students’ U2B Booster programs.
Participation ensures that your staff:
- understand the skills and strategies their students are learning via our U2B Booster programs
- plan how they can support the transfer of these skills and strategies to general classroom learning
- access digital learning resources created or located by our team that can be used with any student
- collaborate with our specialist teachers and other participating educators across the state
Capability Squad registration and membership is free as follows:
Reading Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Mind Reader or Comprehend IT
Writing Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Just Write
Numeracy Squad – free and exclusive access during the rounds that your students participate in Solve IT, See IT or Measure IT
Squad members can include class teachers of participating students and other relevant staff such as a HOC, Coach, Master Teacher, STLaN, Librarian, Teacher-Aide, Principal, etc.
NB: Squad members will receive a PD certificate aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (AITSL) recognising the number of hours involved.
How it works
- Log in to 5 x 30 minute web conference sessions on a fortnightly basis
- Access squad resources and web conference recordings on-demand via
- Communicate and collaborate with your IMPACT Centre Squad Leader and other squad members as required
NB: Live participation is highly recommended but staff can access recordings and resources if they cannot attend the live session.