Remote learning model
Our remote learning model means that your students can participate from any location.
Our specialist online teachers log in to schools across Queensland and the world. They work directly with your students and collaborate with your on-site staff to share best practice and build capability.
Most lessons occur during school time as part of your school’s differentiated teaching and learning agenda. Before and after school lessons can also be negotiated.
Digital Technologies and Design and Technologies subjects run for a full semester. These subjects are available to years 3–6 students in 2022 and include a full teaching, assessment and reporting service.
See individual subject pages for details.
Projects—Critical thinking, STEM, literacy, numeracy
Other student programs develop transferable 21st century skills and run as 'projects' over 11 weeks.
Project format and schedule
|Round 1: Feb 7–May 20||Round 2: May 23–Aug19||Round 3: Aug 29–Nov 25|
|Term 1 Week 3 – Term 2 Week 5||Term 2 Week 6 – Term 3 Week 6||Term 3 Week 8 – Term 4 Week 8|
We negotiate the timetable with you
- Your school nominates 2–3 preferences for session times for each group.
- We can generally accommodate one of these preferences.
- We then allocate 1 of our specialist teachers to work with your students each week.
- Our specialist teacher logs in to work directly with your students and staff.
Up to 15 students form an online group
- Up to 15 students log in together each week as an online group.
- Your school can register 1 or more groups to participate in a program.
- Schools with sufficient bandwidth often run 2 groups at the same time i.e. 2 x 15 students = a whole class of 28–30 students. We provide 2 x online teachers in this case.
- Level 1–4 small schools can enrol individual students or part/half groups – in this case, we coordinate inter-school groups.
- Each student must work at their own computer (PC or laptop) with reliable internet access.
- Each student must wear a headset with a microphone to successfully participate. You must purchase this equipment if it is not already available (approximately $50–$60 per unit).
Supervision/coordination required—including PD opportunity
- We highly recommend that you provide a
web conference supervisor.
- Your web conference supervisor should support your students to login, then login themselves to collaborate with our specialist teachers and transfer their increasing knowledge and skills to their teaching and leadership practices.
- Your school also needs to appoint a
project coordinator to nominate preferred session times, lead student selection and submit your student registration details.
24/7 activities for reinforcement and extension
- Students, parents, web conference supervisors and other enrolled staff can access additional learning activities and resources via our learning management system.
- Involvement in these additional activities is not compulsory but is highly recommended as they help your students reinforce and extend their learning. These activities are completed at school, at home or elsewhere.