Our team of specialist online teachers can join your expert teaching team in 2020.
Instead of walking through the classroom door, they login online to inspire and connect with your students and staff.
Our teachers will:
- differentiate teaching and learning
- use dynamic and effective pedagogical practices
- deliver curriculum content and general capabilities.
Your teachers and staff are encouraged to:
John, Katie and Andrew are examples of the specialist online teachers available to your school
- The IMPACT Centre operates on a cost-recovery model, with salaries and operational costs fully-funded by investing schools.
- Department of Education leaders asked us to create a school-funded model so that each school can match its improvement agenda to our initiatives and invest accordingly.
What are the costs?
The costs to participate in Round 2 are:
$290 per student per round—we form an inter-school class for Bands 5-8 schools
$4,300 per group of 15 students per round—for medium-large schools
Full-time equivalent (FTE)—transfer a small fraction of FTE e.g. 0.1 to the IMPACT Centre via School Budgeting Solution (SBS).
Contact us for more information.
The format and timelines are:
- Round 2 runs for 12 weeks from Term 2 Week 6 to Term 3 Week 7
- Critical Thinking, STEM, Literacy and Numeracy projects are available. Visit the
Student programs page for more details.
- Students participate in 1 x 60-70 minute web conference lesson per week for 12 weeks
- Online activities to extend/consolidate learning are also available at any time.
Additional costs may apply
- Each participating student must use a headset with microphone ($30-$50 per headset).
- Our science/technologies programs have an extra fee of $35pp for electronic kits or excursion fees. See individual
STEM programs for details.
Technologies subjects—different costs apply
We also offer Years 4-5-6 Digital Technologies or Design and Technologies subjects that run for a full semester.
Different costs apply because they run for a longer time period.
See individual documents for details: