Band 5-6 schools from across Queensland are invited to participate in a Technologies Learning Area trial during 2019.
A specialist technologies teacher, employed by the Department of Education's IMPACT Centre, is available to teach, assess and report on the Technologies Learning Area for your Years 4, 5 and 6 students. Subjects include:
- Digital Technologies – Semester 1, 2019 – Years 4, 5 and 6
- Design and Technologies – Semester 2, 2019 – Years 4, 5 and 6.
To maximise this opportunity, your staff can opt-in to professional learning activities that add significant value to the student program.
Our specialist teachers work directly with your students and staff
This trial is an initiative of the IMPACT Centre. It follows consultation with school principals who have partnered with the IMPACT Centre in 2018.
Note: If you are not a band 5-6 school, contact us to find out how to be involved.
- Student learning in the Technologies Learning Area improves when they have access to a specialist technologies teacher.
- Student horizons are expanded when they connect to a wider community of students, specialist teachers and industry experts.
- School communities benefit from the support and expertise of specialist technologies teachers.
- Professional learning run in conjunction with student learning results in a shared culture of learning and improvement.
- Parents appreciate initiatives that offer their child access to a high quality education regardless of location.
What are the details?
View the brochure to find out about the format, costs, equipment required and more.